Friday, October 12, 2012

A 2012 Harvest Overview




The summer squash collection



It's a chilly morning - but the bright sun is lighting up the trees around our garden. I love fall! But, this (as of yet - frost-free) weather has got me thinking about the spring/summer and what we enjoyed this year.. We're still harvesting plenty from the garden - 2 lovely zucchini yesterday, bowls of greens, Japanese turnips, beets, carrots, kale, cucumbers and much more, but I thought I'd share some of my favourite pic's from the past few months:




A quick trip to the garden = a bowl full of food!




Drunken Woman lettuce. Enough said.




Garlic love






Mexico Midget, Sungold, Japanese Mandarin






Sungold versus a monster Persimmon






Persimmon bigger than my hand!






Odd little 'Pink Fir Apple' potato. 






The Travelling Tomato - crazy!!






Japanese Mandarin tomato with Purple Podded Pole beans






Baby eggplants and tomatoes






Sweet!






The peanuts! SOOOOOOOO good! And super easy to grow.






Japanese Turnips, another favourite




My barrel-shaped red heirloom onions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment